1. "Can you get my coat?"
2. "Can you buy me a fishing pole so I can catch fish in the lake to eat?"
Answer from Mommy: "You need to get a job to buy a fishing pole. And you need to finish school to get a job".
3. "I can just hug the old trees".
In response to question from Mommy: "Who will hug you?".
4. "I need to bring some hangers to hang up my clothes in the trees".
5. "I think I will just have a sleepover at (neighbor friend)'s house".
Mommy's response: "There's nobody home so you'll have to make other arrangements".
6. "I can just use the baby monitor".
In response to Mommy's request: "You need a phone to call me when you get where you're going so I know where to forward your mail".
7. "You can open the door, because I don't know how to open the door".
In response to Mommy's question: "Do you need a key?".
8. "I was just kidding. Can I have a snack now? Besides, I have to go to the bathroom. And I like our bathroom."